Happy New Year! + Pattern

Happy New Year everyone! I hope the festive season brought you everything you wished for and you and your family are happy and healthy. If you've got a little time off I hope you've been getting some relaxation in like I have, and hopefully some stitching as well.

I'm very happy to share the first pattern of the new year - Steampunk Airship.


This design is one of my favourites from the Steampunk Series. I love the little smoke trail coming from the smoke stacks. This was fun to design, based on a zeppelin and a sailing ship. The thin areas connecting the ship and balloon/zeppelin are tricky, but can be achieved using the needle turn applique technique. You could also do this using a normal applique technique if you carefully stitch along all the edges. I'd love to see how you sew this one!

btemplates

0 comments: